Dr. Robin Singhal
Assistant Professor , School of Liberal Studies
He has earned his PhD and MPhil in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.During his research at the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, School of Social Sciences, JNU, he focused on the critical issue of oil security in the Indian context. The PhD thesis explored the potential of alternative energy sources in meeting the final energy demand of the Indian transport sector.He is currently working in the area of energy economics, environmental and resource economics and issues relating to economics of infrastructure.
- Assistant Professor,Department of Economics, DAV University, Jalandhar, Punjab (August, 2015 to June, 2017)
- Assistant Professor, Punjab School of Economics, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (July, 2014 to November, 2014)
- Guest Faculty, Department of Natural Resources, TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi (July, 2013 to December, 2013)
- Guest Faculty, Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon (January, 2013 to March, 2013).
- R. Singhal and S. Saksena, “Performance Assessment of the Storage and Warehousing Industry in India”,The Journal of Industrial Statistics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 15–40, ISSN: 2278-4667, March 2017.
- R. Singhal, “Aspects of Energy Security: Trends and Policy Framework”,Yojana (Special Issue on Energy Security), vol. 58, pp. 4–8, ISSN: 0971-8400, May 2014.
- R. Singhal and R. Sengupta, “Energy Security and Biodiesel: Implications for Land Use and Food Security”, Economic and Political Weekly, vol. XLVII, no. 40, pp. 66–73, October 2012.
- R. Singhal, “Sustainable Development and Human Development as a Two Way Relationship: A case for clean cooking fuels for Indian rural households” in H. S. Rout and S. B. Murthy (ed.) Human Development in India: Challenges and Remedies, ISBN: 9788177082395, New Century Publications, New Delhi, July 2010.
- R. Singhal and S. Saksena, “Development of Integrated Cold Chain in India: Pattern, Performanceand Prospects”, May 2019 (submitted).
- R. Singhal and S. Saksena, “Role of Cold Chain in fostering Agribusiness in India: Prospects andPolicy Insights”, May 2018, available at https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/87138/.
Seminar / Conferences
Papers Presented in Conferences
- R. Singhal, and S. Saksena. “Trends and Determinants of Employment Intensity in the Indian Food Processing Industry” in National Conference on Economic Theory and Policy, Ambedkar University Delhi, March 2018.
- R. Singhal, and S. Saksena, “Role of Cold Chain in fostering Agribusiness in India: Prospects and Policy Insights,” in International Conference on Agribusiness in Emerging Economies, TERI University, New Delhi in collaboration with The Martin J. Whitman School of Management & The South Asia Center, Syracuse University, New York, US, January 2018.
- R. Singhal,and S. Saksena, “Dynamics of Cold Chain Industry in India,” in National Seminar on Changing Policy Regime and Sectoral Performance of India, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India, March 2017.
- R. Singhal,and S. Saksena, “Performance Assessment of the Storage and Warehousing Industry in India,” in Seventh National Seminar on Industrial Statistics, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Central Statistics Office, Industrial Statistics Wing, Kolkata, India, September 2016.
- R. Singhal, “Prospects and Policies for Biodiesel in India: An Assessment,” in International Conference on Energy, Economy and Sustainable Development: Opportunities and Challenges, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), New Delhi, India, February 2016.
- R. Singhal, “Oil Insecurity: An Indian Perspective,” in CESP Young Scholar’s Seminar, Centre for Advanced Studies of CESP, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, March 2012.
- R. Singhal, “Financing Renewable Energy for Human Development: Managing India’s Transitionto Green Economy,” in National Conference on Challenges in Financing Human Development inIndia, Department of Economics, Tagore Arts College and Department of Economics, PondicherryUniversity, Pondicherry, India, January 2012.
- R. Singhal and R. Sengupta, “Biofuels and Energy Security of India,” in International GrowthCentre (IGC) - Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) India Development Policy Conference, ISI, NewDelhi, India, December 2010.
- R. Singhal, “An economic assessment of jatropha curcas cultivation on agricultural land” A casefor India,” in CESP’s Young Scholars’ Seminar, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India,March 2010.